The position is responsible for the medium and long-term production and cost models, and providing technical support to the various different operating mines as well as projects in development.
You will be required to travel to the various different sites and as such language proficiency in Spanish and French will be a distinct advantage.
- Create and maintain medium and long-term mine production and cost models;
- Support annual production plans and budgets;
- Manage data and information, and monitor production performance metrics and indicators;
- Review and report on the status and outlook of mining operations regularly and as needed;
- Manage and/or perform discrete projects, as required;
- Participate in the due diligence and assessment of mine projects related to acquisitions and mergers;
- Ensure that mine designs and plans meet the company and industry standard safety parameters;
- Provide professional guidance and advice to the operations and projects;
- Maintain communication with sites in relation to mining activities, including mining production personnel, department managers, and mine managers;
- Maintain current on industry best practice and international performance standards;
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mine Engineering or similar relevant field;
- Professionally qualified Mining Engineer (P. Eng, P.E., or something similar);
- 10 – 15 years’ mining experience, including significant mine planning and managerial/leadership roles;
- Experience in managing consultants and teams directly and remotely;
- Strong knowledge, ability, and understanding of mine optimization, design, production planning, and site performance;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and manage multitasking and multiple demands;
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project) including significant experience with detailed Excel based cost and production models, and at least one mine design/planning system (GEMS, MineSite, DataMine, Surpac, Vulcan, etc.);
- Strong English written, verbal, and presentation skills required;
- French and/or Spanish speaking is an asset;
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.